1. Are your fire inspectors certified as building inspectors? No
2. Do your fire inspectors conduct plans review? Yes, for related to life safety
3. Do your fire inspectors conduct inspections on new construction / alterations (building permit issued)? Yes, occupancy is only granted if both fire prevention and building department have signed off.
4. Does your building department pay the wages of your fire inspectors that do plans review? (Are they paid an hourly rate by the building department for their services?) N/A
5. Does your building department cover the cost of BCIN courses, building codes, exams and annual certification? No