Active Membership is available to professionals currently working in the field of fire prevention, fire education, and fire investigation within a municipal fire department in the province of Ontario. Professionals actively performing fire prevention duties in industry, government and institutions shall be eligible for Active Membership as well.
Active Membership means fire department or fire service.
Once the department has retained an Active Membership, individuals can sign up for website access.
Benefits of Active Membership include:
- The O.M.F.P.O.A has nearly half a century of infrastructure and a strong history of awareness.
- Our existing constitution provides for and promotes this type of coalition and has been approved by the O.A.F.C. and the F.M.O.
- A partnership of this type would assist Chapters by sharing information, holding workshops at annual conferences and passing on important information to Chapter secretaries to be presented at their meetings.
- A chapter will help maintain fire prevention, education and investigation personnel under one umbrella.
- The O.M.F.P.O.A. has been instrumental in educational initiatives such as “Learn Not to Burn”, “Older & Wiser”, “Risk Watch” and “T.A.P.P.- C”.
- A large number of fire prevention officers, inspectors and educators are already members of the O.M.F.P.O.A.
- The O.M.F.P.O.A. is well known and respected throughout the province and has existing partnerships with O.A.F.C., O.F.M., N.F.P.A., F.M.P.F.S.C., O.F.L.S.E. and M.M.A.H..
- O.M.F.P.O.A has conducted over 60 conferences successfully.
Active Membership Registration Fee per Department: $150.00/year