|Public Education Matters
Enhancing Fire Safety Education and Prevention in Your Community
Issue 198, February 5, 2021
Dear Fire Chief, Public Educator, Fire Prevention Officer:
SAVE THE DATE: Office of the Fire Marshal Public Education Toolbox Winter Session
Virtual Fire Safety: Making Your Public Education Programs Virtual
Date: March 4, 2021
As part of the Office of the Fire Marshal’s (OFM) Public Education Toolbox series, the OFM is partnering with Brampton Fire and Emergency Services and Markham Fire and Emergency Services to deliver a training session called “Virtual Fire Safety: Making Your Public Education Programs Virtual”.
Why you should attend:
- Brampton Fire and Emergency Services will discuss how they have adapted to these unprecedented times to implement a successful virtual school program in their local school boards.
- Markham Fire and Emergency Services will showcase how to hold virtual fire truck tours and initiatives they have undertaken to engage their community in fire safety during the pandemic, including partnering with other municipal departments.
Highlights will include:
- strategies to implement virtual public fire safety education programs during the pandemic;
- proven approaches to accessing schools during the pandemic;
- different software platforms available for virtual fire safety presentations and education;
- tips and ideas including working with municipal partners, to engage your community with fire safety messages during the pandemic.
Who will want to attend:
- Public Educators and Fire Prevention Officers
- Senior Officers in the fire department
When: Thursday, March 4, 2021; 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Where: Zoom – Stay tuned for registration information in the coming days.