May 19, 2016 at 11:25 am #2465
1. Are your fire inspectors certified as building inspectors? “NO”.
2. Do your fire inspectors conduct plans review? “NO”.
3. Do your fire inspectors conduct inspections on new construction / alterations (building permit issued)? “Yes, when requested by building dept”.
4. Does your building department pay the wages of your fire inspectors that do plans review? (Are they paid an hourly rate by the building department for their services?) “NO”.
5. Does your building department cover the cost of BCIN courses, building codes, exams and annual certification? “NO”.
John Truong – Hamilton Fire Department