March 17, 2016 at 4:13 pm #2286
1. Are your fire inspectors certified as building inspectors? Yes (Appointed by council for fire safety related issues)
2. Do your fire inspectors conduct plans review? Yes (Building permits are not to be issued without the Fire Department’s approval. However this does not apply to single family residential buildings)
3. Do your fire inspectors conduct inspections on new construction / alterations (building permit issued)? Yes
4. Does your building department pay the wages of your fire inspectors that do plans review? (Are they paid an hourly rate by the building department for their services?) No.
5. Does your building department cover the cost of BCIN courses, building codes, exams and annual certification? No.