1. Are your fire inspectors certified as building inspectors? No
2. Do your fire inspectors conduct plans review? Only when asked by Building Department
3. Do your fire inspectors conduct inspections on new construction / alterations (building permit issued)? We do joint inspections with the Building Inspector
4. Does your building department pay the wages of your fire inspectors that do plans review? (Are they paid an hourly rate by the building department for their services?) No, but I like your way of thinking.
5. Does your building department cover the cost of BCIN courses, building codes, exams and annual certification? No.
Scott CK Fire