1. Fire Prevention Officers use issued note books. Once the book is full, it is numbered and placed in the departments safe for future reference.
2. We do not have note pads with department logo.
3. We have note books assigned to each file property, so for a fire investigation we will use the assigned file note book, if there isn’t a book in the file, we start a brand new book for the file and the book is used for the fire investigation. This book will remain with the file.
4. The Fire Prevention Officer will photo copy their notes and place them in the property file.
5. The notes are not scanned.
I have provided our department with in-service training on note taking. Each firefighter has been assigned a note book, the PC and Captains duties are to ensure the note books are kept current.