Unlisted Carbon Monoxide Alarms

Latest News

Charity Golf Day for Camp Bucko

Toronto Fire Prevention cordially invites Ontario Fire Prevention personnel to the 2024 Toronto Fire Prevention Golf Charity. The event will be held on Tuesday June 25 at Royal Woodbine Golf Club. Proceeds from the event will support Camp Bucko, a worthy cause. Please see the information in the included documents: Invite letter Golf Flyer Registration

Read More »

Webinar: Operational Smoke Control Systems for High-Rise Buildings

The Institution of Fire Engineers is organizing a two-hour virtual event on Tuesday, May 28 on smoke control systems in high-rise buildings. They have graciously offered OMFPOA members a 25% discount to attend. The event runs from 1:30pm – 3:30pm EST Please follow this link to register: http://www.ife.ca/events.html and choose the OMFPOA 25% off option

Read More »

The OMFPOA Executive would like to thank Daniel Marra, Fire Prevention Inspector with Richmond Hill Fire & Emergency Services for sharing the following with our citizens and Fire Prevention Personnel through our website.


I was asked to share this information with the group. I conducted an inspection today and found a carbon monoxide alarm with no listing.  The tenant informed me that they had purchased the carbon monoxide alarm on Amazon approximately 1 week ago.

Please see the following links:

1. https://www.amazon.ca/Delling-Monoxide-Detection-Electronic-Equipment/dp/B0789YMVTH/ref=asc_df_B075QT841Q/?tag=googleshopc0c-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=292947999281&hvpos=1o2&hvnetw=g&hvrand=10390935295585428548&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9000784&hvtargid=pla-570838312709&th=1

The above link takes you to Amazon where you can purchase a carbon monoxide alarm that is has no listing.

2.  https://www.consumerreports.org/carbon-monoxide-alarms/consumer-reports-rates-off-brand-carbon-monoxide-alarms-purchase/

The above link takes you to Consumer Reports website that shows “off brand” non-listed carbon monoxide alarms being tested and failing to detect carbon monoxide.


Kindest Regards,

Daniel Marra
Fire Prevention Inspector
Richmond Hill Fire & Emergency Services