Website Municipality of Lakeshore
Reporting to the Deputy Fire Chief and working through the Assistant Deputy Fire Chiefs, the Fire Prevention Officer will be responsible for providing public education and fire code inspection services.
Some Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required include:
• Must have 2 year College Diploma program in fire inspection, fire safety education, law enforcement or equivalent education.
• Must have Fire Protection – 2012 OBOA Training Course or equivalent.
• Must have 5 years of single or combined experience in related fields of fire service, fire safety, code enforcement or equivalent.
• Thorough knowledge in building construction and the Building Code of Ontario.
• Working knowledge of:
o Ontario Fire Code
o Fire Protection and Prevention Act
o Fire department related municipal bylaws
o Occupational Health & Safety Act of Ontario
• Sitting, standing, bending, walking, climbing stairs, walking on uneven ground, occasional crawling, and using a ladder.
• Works within an office environment within the hours of Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (35 hours per week).
• Driving around the municipality is required. Must hold a valid Ontario driver’s “G” license.
For more details, visit Employment Opportunities on the Municipality of Lakeshore website for the full job description. If interested in joining our team, apply to the job posting at https://careers.lakeshore.ca/ before 8:30 am on Tuesday, May 23, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit careers.lakeshore.ca.