Municipality of Huron East
The Municipality of Huron East is a progressive and growing municipality of approximately 10,000 residents. Located in beautiful Huron County, Huron East is a blend of vibrant urban areas, rural communities, and productive farm land. Located 30 minutes from Stratford and one hour from Kitchener/Waterloo and London, Huron East provides an impressive level of services and opportunities for our residents.
The Municipality of Huron East maintains a shared service agreement with the Township of North Huron for the Fire Chief role on a 50/50 basis. The successful candidate will serve as Fire Chief for both the Municipality of Huron East and the Township of North Huron.
What You Will Get To Do
By effectively building positive rapport and relationships both internally and externally, the successful candidate will help us achieve our mission that together we deliver services that make a difference in our communities.
As Fire Chief, you will be a champion for corporate and departmental priorities and values. You will have the opportunity to foster a culture focused on collaboration, accountability, respect and engagement.
Reporting to the CAO, as a member of the management team, the Fire Chief is responsible to act in a senior administrative, operational and leadership capacity. You are responsible for the day-to-day operations and strategic support for divisions as assigned, which may include Risk Management and Education, Asset Management, Professional Development and Training, Suppression, Emergency Management, and/or Administration. Within this capacity, the Fire Chief will be fostering a collaborative and rewarding work environment while managing a high volume of competing activities
As Fire Chief, you will:
• Provide leadership, guidance and support for staff within all divisions;
• Ensure delegated statutory responsibilities are carried out in accordance with applicable legislation, regulations, policies and procedures;
• Develop and implement fire department plans, goals and objectives;
• Oversee the preparation and administration of all operating and capital budgets within the assigned portfolio;
• Supervise and support the recruitment, training, development, attendance, performance and goals of staff;
• Develop and maintain all policies and procedures for the applicable divisions;
• Research, analyze and prepare technical reports and respond to staff, the general public and/or elected officials on various complex matters;
• Represent the municipality at public meetings and/or legal proceedings; and,
• Perform other job-related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
A complete job description is available by visiting the Huron East website https://www.huroneast.com/en/town-hall/employment-and-volunteering.aspx.
To apply for this job please visit www.huroneast.com.