Reply To: Rooming houses

HOME Forums Forums General Rooming houses Reply To: Rooming houses

John WilsonJohn Wilson
  • Department Name: Perth Fire Services

There’s always the option to also include the Building Department as construction would have taken place (most likely) without a permit. Under 36 (8) of the BCA, they have 1 year to act from the time they become aware of the issue (even if the issue has been in existence longer than that). Bring it to the CBO and/or Building Inspector to have an Order to Comply issued under either Sentence 8 or 12 of the BCA. The building permit would be needed anyway to bring the building into compliance so why not put it in their hands to start with.