HOME Forums Reply To: Exit signs lacking in building

Dave BakerDave Baker

Joe made a good point. Talk to your building department. If the occupancy has changed or there was construction without a permit they should be involved. If the exit lighting turns out to be a requirement under the OBC and for whatever reason the building department is not going to act you could issue the Inspection Order. Just be careful that you are not ordering something that is not required to be there in the first place. Let us know how you make out.