HOME › Forums › Forums › Fire Code & Enforcement › kalamein doors › Reply To: kalamein doors
March 27, 2020 at 12:30 pm #12593
I have never seen a rating tag on a Kalamein door and I honestly don’t know if they come with one. I am sure there will be various opinions around the province on your question. I would more often accept a kalamein door but would consider the following conditions prior to my determination.
- Condition of the door – is it flimsy or sturdy.
- Occupant load of the floor area that the appliance room is on and the total occupant load of the building.
- Location of the appliance room. For example, does it open into an exit, is it in the basement or is adjacent to the assembly.
- Does the room posses automatic detection.
- Condition of the appliance(s).
I have done a lot of fire investigations and doors aren’t typically the weakest area of construction because they do not typically sustain direct flame impingement.
Hopefully this helps you.